IITM Recruitment 2021 – Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM) invites Online Form for the posts of Assistant Professor jobs in Chennai. Eligibility Post Graduate, Ph.D required for IITM Recruitment. Last Date May 18, 2021 for submission of Application. Follow official notification of IITM Recruitment 2021 for more details.
- Application Start Date : 28/04/2021
- Submission Last Date : 18/05/2021
Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM) Recruitment 2021 Details
- Assistant Professor
Vacancies in Departments
|S.No||Name of the Department|
|5.||Computer Science & Engineering|
|8.||Humanities & Social Sciences|
|10.||Metallurgical and Materials Engineering|
Ph.D., with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree. Specialization in the appropriate area/branch with consistently good academic record throughout.
|S.No||Name of Posts||Qualification Requirement|
|1.||Aerospace Engineering||*Candidates should have clear focus in one or more of the listed areas and have aero background as detailed below:
– At least one degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctoral) in Aerospace Engineering. (OR)
– At least 3 years teaching experience in handling undergraduate / graduate level courses related to Aerodynamics / Flight Mechanics / Aircraft Propulsion / Aerospace Structures in an Aerospace Engineering department at an IIT / IIST Trivandrum / reputed university abroad. (OR)
– PhD thesis relevant to Aerospace Engineering and awarded by a university without an Aerospace Engineering department.
|2.||Applied Mechanics||A degree in Biomedical / Mechanical / Chemical / Electrical / Metallurgical / and with Experimental Background|
|3.||Chemistry||Candidates must have their basic degrees B.Sc. and M. Sc. (or M.S. as applicable) with chemistry as the major subject of study and Ph.D. degree in the field of chemistry|
|4.||Civil Engineering||a) Candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering for all areas, except (v).
b) Outstanding candidates with demonstrated excellence in the research areas [(ii)&(iii)], with Bachelor’s degree in other allied Engineering disciplines would also be considered
|5.||Computer Science & Engineering||#Computer Science & Engineering:
– Bachelor’s Degree: Candidates must have an engineering degree in Computer Science/ Computer Science and Engineering/ Computer Engineering.
– Master’s Degree: Candidates must hold a master’s degree in engineering from Computer Science/ Computer Science and Engineering/ Computer Engineering program. [This may be waived if the candidate was admitted to a direct Ph.D. program after the Bachelor’s degree.]
– Ph.D. Degree: Must be in Computer Science/ Computer Science and Engineering/ Computer Engineering. Applications of candidates with deviations from the above qualification areas may be considered if they have an exceptionally good record of publications in areas related to Computer Science and Engineering.
|6.||Electrical Engineering||At least one degree in Electrical Engineering|
|7.||Engineering Design||a) Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical / Automobile / Engineering Design
b) Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Design/Electrical/Electronics/ /Mechanical/ Automobile
c) Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Design/ Electrical /Electronics/Mechanical/ Biomedical Engineering
d) Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Design/ Mechanical/ Production / Design
e) Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Design/ Mechanical/ Production / Design/Computer science and Engineering
f) Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Design/Electrical/ Electronics/Mechanical / Computer Science and Engineering
1. Bachelor’s degree should be 4-year professional degree in the branch as stated above.
2. PhD in the relevant area of specialization. Post-PhD experience in translational research will be an added advantage.
|8.||Humanities & Social Sciences||PhD in related domain.|
|9.||Mathematics||Both Master’s degree and Ph.D. in Mathematics.|
|10.||Metallurgical and Materials Engineering||Atleast one degree (Bachelor’s/Master’s degree) in Metallurgical or Materials Engineering.|
|11.||Ocean Engineering||Ph.D relevant to Ocean Engineering / Naval architecture with excellent academic record with first degree in engineering in Naval Architecture/Civil/ Mechanical /Ocean.|
|12.||Physics||Candidates should have a PhD in Physics or in any closely related disciplines. [If Ph.D is in a closely related discipline, at least one degree (Bachelors / Masters) should be in Physics]|
How To Apply
Eligible candidates must visit https://facapp.iitm.ac.in to fill online application for IITM Recruitment 2021. Applicants carefully read full IITM job notification before start to fill IITM Online Recruitment Form. *(Read all instructions carefully through official advertisement of IITM). Download more details on how to apply for IITM Recruitment 2021 through link given below.
FREE Job Alert Reader’s are requested to follow IITM Careers & Recruitment Page on official website for complete details. Stay updated for Latest Government Jobs on Freejobalert.in