Air Force Common Aptitude Test (AFCAT) 2017 notification is released by Indian Air Force to fulfill recruitment in Flying Branch, Technical Branch & Ground Duty Branch for various Posts. Find AFCAT 2017 Exam details, age limit, education, experience and other eligibility criteria by official source.
About: Air Force Common Aptitude Test (AFCAT)
Air Force Common Aptitude Test is conducts twice in year ie, in the months of June and December. Through AFCAT, candidates are recruited at various posts in Air Force. AFCAT is only one of the steps involved in the entire selection process for getting selected as an officer in the IAF. On clearing the AFCAT, shortlisted candidates will be called for Services Selection Board for Testing.
Candidates are advised to go through the notification carefully before filling the AFCAT online Application Form. Eligible candidates (both Male & Female) may apply for online Air Force Common Aptitude Test.
AIR Force Job Opportunity, AFCAT Exam Notification for year 2017
1. Flying Branch
- No. 203/18F/SSC/M (Short Service Commission for Men)
- No. 203/18F/SSC/W (Short Service Commission for Women)
2. Ground Duty Technical Branch
- No. 202/18T/PC/M (Permanent Commission for Men)
- No. 202/18T/SSC/M (Short Service Commission for Men)
- No. 202/18T/SSC/W (Short Service Commission for Women)
Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics) AE (L)
Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical) AE (M)
3. Ground Duty Non-Technical Branch
- No. 202/18G/PC/M (Permanent Commission for Men)
- No. 202/18G/SSC/M (Short Service Commission for Men)
- No. 202/18G/SSC/W (Short Service Commission for Women)
Flying Officer – 20 to 24 years (i.e Born between 02/01/1994 to 01/01/1998 both dates inclusive)
Ground Duty Officer – 20-26 years (i.e Born between 02/01/1992 to 01/01/1998 both dates inclusive)
- Flying Branch – Bachelor degree such as BE/ B.Tech with 60% marks.
- Ground Duty Technical Branch – Engineering course with 60% marks in stream of Aeronautical, Mechanical or Electronic engineering from recognized institute.
- Ground Duty Non-Technical Branches – Graduation with 60% marks or Post Graduation with 50% marks in any stream from recognized university.
Follow the notification of AFCAT 2017 for eligibility details.
Candidates will be selected based on the performance in AFCAT & Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT). All applicants whose applications are submitted by due date will be called for AFCAT and Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) on 26 February 2017 (Sunday) at one of the examination centres mentioned at para 14 (b). The AFCAT will be of two hours duration and will contain multiple choice questions on verbal ability, numerical ability, reasoning, general awareness and military aptitude. Sample question papers and syllabus of AFCAT/EKT is available on IAF career website www.careerairforce.nic.in. EKT would be for 45 minutes and conducted immediately after AFCAT.
- Flying Branch – Salary Rs 82,050/- per month
- Ground Duty (Tech) Branch – Salary Rs 71,550/- per month
- Ground Duty (Non-Tech) Branch – Rs 68,550/- per month
How To Apply:
Eligible candidates shall submit online application by visiting Indian AIR Force website www.careerairforce.nic.in and follow the instruction as given in AFCAT 2017 Notification.
Form Submission Start Date (Apply Online) : 03/12/2016
Form Submission Last Date (Apply Online) : 29/12/2016
Dates for Editing of Online Application : 30 & 31 Dec 2016
Date of AFCAT & EKT Exam – 26/02/2017 (Sunday)
Commencing of Course – January 2018
Official Job Notification of AFCAT 2017 Click here
Apply Online link – http://www.careerairforce.nic.in/auth/candidate/index.asp
Please read Official Notification for complete details.
The notice is also available on Indain Air Force website: www.careerairforce.nic.in
AFCAT 2017 – Syllabus & Example of Questions
The AFCAT Question Paper will have 100 questions. All questions will be of three marks each. For every correct answer the candidate will get three marks and for every wrong answer one mark will be deducted under negative marking. The total time allotted for the paper is two hours.
- General Awareness – History, Sports, Geography, Environment, Civics, Basic Science, Defence, Art, Culture, Current Affairs, Politics etc.
- Verbal Ability in English – Comprehension, Error Detection, Sentence Completion, Synonyms, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary.
- Numerical Ability – Decimal Fraction, Simplification, Average, Profit & loss, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion and Simple interest.
- Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test – Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability.
For AFCAT scheme of syllabus and examples of questions Click here
AFCAT 2017 – Admit Card Download
Once Admit card & Identity card is generated by AFCAT Cell, candidates have to log on to our website www.careerairforce.nic.in. Go to the link CANDIDATE LOGIN and enter your “user id” and “password”. Click on the option GENERATE ADMIT CARD.
AFCAT 2017 result when declared will be uploaded on the official website of Indian Air force www.careerairforce.nic.in Candidate to visit the website regularly.