Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) 2017-18 notification is released for Courses Commencing in July 2018 by Indian Air Force to fulfill recruitment in Flying Branch, Technical Branch & Ground Duty Branch for various Posts. Find AFCAT 2017-18 Exam details, age limit, education, experience and other eligibility criteria by official source.
About: Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT)
Air Force Common Aptitude Test is conducts twice in year ie, in the months of June and December. Through AFCAT, candidates are recruited at various posts in Air Force. AFCAT is only one of the steps involved in the entire selection process for getting selected as an officer in the IAF. On clearing the AFCAT, shortlisted candidates will be called for Services Selection Board for Testing.
Candidates are advised to go through the official notification carefully before filling the AFCAT online Application Form. Eligible candidates (both Male & Female) may apply for online Air Force Common Admission Test.
AIR Force Job Opportunity, AFCAT Exam Notification for Courses Commencing in July 2018
1. Flying Branch
- No. 204/18F/SSC/M (Short Service Commission for Men)
- No. 204/18F/SSC/W (Short Service Commission for Women)
2. Ground Duty Technical Branch
- No. 203/18T/PC/M (Permanent Commission for Men)
- No. 203/18T/SSC/M (Short Service Commission for Men)
- No. 203/18T/SSC/W (Short Service Commission for Women)
a) Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics) AE (L)
b) Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical) AE (M)
3. Ground Duty Non-Technical Branch
- No. 203/18G/PC/M (Permanent Commission for Men)
- No. 203/18G/SSC/M (Short Service Commission for Men)
- No. 203/18G/SSC/W (Short Service Commission for Women)
- Flying Branch – Bachelor degree such as BE/ B.Tech with 60% marks.
- Ground Duty (Technical Branch) – 12th with Physics & Mathematics, Engineering/ Technology Degree with 60% marks in stream of Aeronautical, Mechanical or Electronic engineering from recognized institute.
- Ground Duty (Non-Technical Branche) – (Graduation/ B.Com with 60% marks) / (MBA / MCA/ MA / M.Sc. with 50% marks) from government recognized university.
Follow the given link of notification of AFCAT 2017-18 for more details on educational qualification.
As on 01/07/2017
- Flying Officer – 20 to 24 years (i.e Born between 02/07/1994 to 01/07/1998 both dates inclusive)
- Ground Duty Officer (Technical/ Non Technical Branch) – 20 to 28 years (i.e Born between 02/07/1992 to 01/07/1998 both dates inclusive)
All applicants whose applications are submitted by due date will be called for AFCAT on 27 August 2017 (Sunday) at one of the examination centres mentioned.
- Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) will be conducted for Ground Duty (Technical) branch along with AFCAT. AFCAT will be for two hours and will contain multiple choice questions on Verbal Ability, Numerical Ability, Reasoning, General Awareness and Military Aptitude.
- EKT would be for 45 minutes and conducted immediately after AFCAT.
- It is mandatory for the candidates opting for Ground Duty (Technical) branch to pass both AFCAT & EKT.
Candidates who are short-listed on the basis of AFCAT/ EKT will be called for further testing at one of the Air Force Selection Boards (AFSBs) at Dehradun, Mysore, Gandhinagar or Varanasi. Candidates who opt for flying branch can opt for Dehradun, Mysore and Varanasi only. For more details follow the notification link below.
- Flying Branch – Salary Rs 85,372/- per month
- Ground Duty (Tech) Branch – Salary Rs 74,872/- per month
- Ground Duty (Non-Tech) Branch – Rs 71,872/- per month
Note: The pay and allowances are subject to enhancement based on implementation of VII CPC. For more details refer http://dopt.gov.in/notifications/oms-and-orders.
How To Apply:
Eligible candidates shall submit online application by visiting Indian AIR Force website www.careerairforce.nic.in and follow the instruction as given in AFCAT 2017-18 Notification.
Form Submission Start Date (Apply Online) : 03/06/2017
Form Submission Last Date (Apply Online) : 29/06/2017
Dates for Editing of Online Application : 30/06/2017 & 01/07/2017
Date of AFCAT & EKT Exam – 27/08/2017 (Sunday)
Commencing of Course – July 2018
Official Notification of AFCAT 2017-18
Please read Official Notification for complete details.
The notice is also available on Indain Air Force website: www.careerairforce.nic.in
AFCAT 2017 – Syllabus & Example of Questions
The AFCAT Question Paper will have 100 questions. All questions will be of three marks each. For every correct answer the candidate will get three marks and for every wrong answer one mark will be deducted under negative marking. The total time allotted for the paper is two hours.
- General Awareness – History, Sports, Geography, Environment, Civics, Basic Science, Defence, Art, Culture, Current Affairs, Politics etc.
- Verbal Ability in English – Comprehension, Error Detection, Sentence Completion, Synonyms, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary.
- Numerical Ability – Decimal Fraction, Simplification, Average, Profit & loss, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion and Simple interest.
- Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test – Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability.
Click here for AFCAT Syllabus
Click here for AFCAT – EKT Syllabus
Note: Sample question papers and syllabus of AFCAT/ EKT is available on IAF career website www.careerairforce.nic.in
AFCAT 2017 – Admit Card Download
Once Admit card & Identity card is generated by AFCAT Cell, candidates have to log on to our website www.careerairforce.nic.in. Go to the link CANDIDATE LOGIN and enter your “user id” and “password”. Click on the option GENERATE ADMIT CARD.
AFCAT 2017 – Result
AFCAT 2017 Result when declared will be uploaded on the official website of Indian Air force www.careerairforce.nic.in Candidate to visit the website regularly.